South Durham Structures: Health & Safety
It is the policy of South Durham Structures Ltd to comply with the terms of Health & Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and with the safe working practices outlined in associated Health & Safety Regulations and Health & Safety Executive guidelines.
South Durham Structures Ltd will, as far as is reasonably practicable, ensure:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- The safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all our employees.
- The maintenance of any place of work under South Durham Structures Ltd's control in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, and the provision and maintenance of means of access and egress that are safe and without such risks.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for the welfare of our employees at work.
- Those persons not in our employment who may be affected thereby are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
- Provide an environment in which everyone can carry out his or her tasks without fear of intimidation, harassment, violence or undue stress.
- An organisation structure that ensures that this Health & Safety Policy will be implemented in full and updated as appropriate.
- That our management team afford health and safety matters equal priority to other management functions.
- To regularly monitor, inspect and audit our systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure the co-operation of all employees in the operation of this policy.
South Durham Structures Ltd's Health and Safety objective is to assess all significant risks to its employees, visitors and contractors and to develop and implement proactive measures aimed at eliminating those risks, or at least reducing them so far as is reasonably practicable.